Digital Finishing Coordinator
DG3 Digital Finishing Coordinators are responsible for set-up, adjustments, and safe operation of all cutting equipment to prepare products to be packed, collated, or bound and meet customer specifications.
- Read instructions from job tickets and set up cutter based on instructions.
- Run samples for approval by designated personnel.
- Complete checklist and other paperwork for the cutter.
- Perform preventative maintenance on cutter.
- Operate or assist on other bindery equipment when workload dictates.
- Demonstrate good safety attitudes and expect same from helper.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of cutting programs on machine.
- Ability to read, write, speak & understand English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to multitask with changing priorities.
- Ability to recognize safety issues & corrective actions
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, good problem-solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and timely while ensuring quality and production standards are met.
- Able to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Some math skills required; ability to work with a ruler and numbers.
- Ability to use hand-truck and/or hand pallet jack and motorized forklifts.
- Ability to lift and/or grasp up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis throughout the course of the entire shift.
- Physical demands while performing the duties of this job include the following: Constant turning and bending throughout the entire shift, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours or more if required.
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Mechanical ability
This job is primarily performed in a fast-paced warehouse environment. The environment could be stressful while trying to meet daily deadlines and requires physical ability. During our busy times, employees may be asked to work a considerable amount of overtime, which could include weekend work.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.