V30 Press Jogger (3 day)
Assist in the operation of a multiple web book publication web press. Jogger is responsible for all production and quality issues assigned to him by pressman and management.
- Follow all direction of pressman and Supervisor
- Set up and maintain counter stackers and log stackers
- Perform all quality control checks and ensure good product, and inspect printed product
- Perform job to maintain properly and neatly stacked skids with correct counts
- Assist in performance of all necessary tasks for make ready and wash up as directed by pressman or supervisor including but not limited to: folder changes, hanging plates, hanging blankets, changing and setting ink rollers, and any other task in order to produce the job
Jogger will train and oversee any temporary employees brought in due to business demands.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of counter stackers and bundlers
- Ability to inspect printed material
- Ability to set up and use all auxiliary equipment necessary for work mix
- Availability to work necessary overtime
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to read and use a ruler as well as adequate math skills
- Physical ability to climb, squat, kneel, bend 50% of the time and work in a noisy hot and humid environment 100% of the time
- Physical ability to move rolls of paper up to 1250 lbs. in weight
- Physical ability to lift, push or pull cartons and web press rollers with weights of 25-50 lbs.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent
This job is performed in a fast-paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of climbing, squatting bending and lifting required. In the summer months the pressroom, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the pressroom is also quite noisy and requires hearing protection at all times. In our busy season our pressroom employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.