Technical Support 1 (TS1)
Department: Cruise Industry Managed Services
The TS1 of Cruise Industry Managed Services (CIMS) is a high-level technician capable of a full workload. The individual is responsible for the timely and cost-effective maintenance and repair of production and office product equipment and for promoting and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction with our service and products. CIMS is one of DG3’s Managed Services Divisions offerings and is a critical part of the strategic vision of DG3. CIMS operates print shops on cruise ships – it is an outsource solution for the industry. This position is critical to the success of our offering as reliably delivering great passenger print communications, 365 days a year, is one of our brand promises and most important deliverable.
- The TS1 is responsible for installation, online troubleshooting, on-site training, repair and maintenance of our Konica Minolta and/or Canon Multi-functional Printers and Production digital B&W and Color Products.
- Attend manufacturers and in-house training courses as required.
- Travel (local, US, and potentially international) will be required on an as needed basis to interact with customers, attend conferences, and conduct project specific work at customer locations.
- The TS1 is to performs full range of on-site maintenance include technical diagnostics, installation, removal of copiers.
- Conduct online and onsite trainings to our shipboard technicians not limited to machine performance, waste management, machine break/fix, inventory, consumables, etc.
- Perform setup new machines at warehouse or onsite as per the procedure defined.
- Manages customer relationships, along with maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintains up-to-date service manuals, parts and other service literature using the laptop.
- Must follow the policies and procedures of DG3 and our Cruise Line partners.
- Attend emergency calls on weekends as needed.
- Maintain current technical knowledge and continuously work to expand knowledge of new technology and equipment.
- Timely completion of paperwork, mileage, time records, parts usage, problem/repair service history reports.
- Follow through on additional activities or responsibilities as requested by upper management.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to improve execution and drive efficiencies.
- Championing and supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness for CIMS practitioners
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10 + years Cruise Industry and Digital Production Equipment experience
- Deep understanding of digital print equipment, including MFDs and small industrial print devices
- Direct knowledge of Konica and/or Canon repair and maintenance a major plus
- Analytic skills (Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent understanding of the printing industry and processes (Digital)
- Excellent customer communications skills with the ability to multi-task projects
- Excellent team building skills
Education and Experience
- This position may be office based or remote.
- Work onboard cruise ships should be expected while in port.
- Work inside client warehouse should be expected.
- This job requires 50% travel or more a year
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.