Department: Shipping Department
The Shipping department is truly a service organization and all associates are “Key” to the successful operation of this printing facility
- Accurate processing of all outbound material resulting in timely deliveries
- Shipments labeled correctly, along with Bill of lading and Packing slip
- Integral role in maintaining the company’s high 90 percentile on time delivery
- Adhere to the Company safety policies
Associate must be able to consistently work “Unsupervised”, immediately escalating any issues to the Senior Director of Logistics
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Load and unload vans, trucks and trailers
- Properly documenting all shipments processed
- Timely distribution of all jobs produced on a daily basis
- Properly documenting, all outbound FedEx and UPS material.
- True understanding and knowledge of “Shipping Clerks responsibility” with regards to preventing OS&D claims (Over, Short or Damage claims)
- Understanding exactly what is being produced while matching to the company issued Shipping manifests
- Complete understanding of the Web and Sheetfed press schedules
- Access the company MIS system (Monarch / Process Shipper) must be able to navigate the system and locate all pertinent information on a job by job basis.
- Must be able to handle all shipping functions, bar code labels, wrap and strap skids, gaylords
- Consolidation of like material, keep it neat & orderly, making sure it is within the staging area lines
- Maintain clean, organized shipping department
- able to work effectively with all departments to ensure Internal as well as external customer satisfaction
- Maintain pressroom shop floor pulling forms that ship to a designated OSV
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on a Pallet or Fork truck handling all manufactured material as it relates to a Financial / Commercial Printing operation.
- Computer literate
- Pallet / Fork truck certification
The job is primarily performed in a manufacturing environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. Based on the monthly manufacturing schedule, the shipping department environment can be stressful at times due to heavy manufacturing schedules. This position requires a substantial amount of standing, sitting, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds, extended work hours during the week as well as weekends.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.