Department: Shipping and Receiving
Shipping clerk performs warehouse and shipping duties by following established operating procedures.
- Stretch wrap pallets, prepare packages for delivery, load and unload trucks, some data entry with direction, assist dispatcher as needed
- Handling FedEx, UPS, DFX and all data entry associated with tasks performed.
- Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment.
- Records shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability.
- Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to move parts to proper locations and load and unload freight trucks as necessary.
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes. Completes shipping and receiving reports.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years’ related experience within the printing industry is preferred but not required.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Must have knowledge of Inventory software and manufacturing software.
- Hagen experience is a plus
- Must be able to read and understand a job ticket
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Highly organized, detail oriented, ability to follow up
- Complete understanding of daily shipping and requirements, working self-directed.
Education and Experience
This job is performed in a fast-paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of walking, squatting bending and lifting required. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the warehouse is also quite noisy and always requires hearing protection. During our busy season our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.