Responsibilities is to function as operator-assist pressperson in all areas of set up, operation, maintenance and running. Learning position to move toward journeyman state. Candidate must possess strong knowledge of the sheetfed printing process, understand and control feeder operations on a 40” Sheetfed press including double detectors, side guide sensors and register controls.
- Possess strong knowledge of the sheet fed printing process.
- Understand and control feeder operations on a 40” Sheetfed press including double detectors, side guide sensors and register controls.
- Must know how to handle, jog, and load all types of stock, ranging from lightweight offset to heavier board.
- Sheetfed Operators are required to engage in checking proofs to printed sheets and assist lead pressman in delivering a quality printed job.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Available for overtime
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of multi-color printing on Sheetfed offset press.
- Have the ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to read and understand job tickets.
- Attention to details with high productivity is a must.
- Monarch System experience is a plus.
- Check for correct stock allocation and quantity to press.
- Availability to work necessary overtime.
- Ability to read and use a ruler as well as adequate math skills.
- Physical ability to climb, squat, kneel, bend 50% of the time and work in a noisy hot and humid environment 100% of the time.
- Physical ability to move skids of paper up to 1250 lbs. in weight.
- Physical ability to fan and jog lifts of paper with weights of 25-50 lbs.
- Physical ability to lift, push or pull web press rollers with weights of 20-35 lbs.
- Physical ability to move skids of finished product with a hand jack.
Education and Experience
- 2 to 5 years of offset press set up and operation in a high quality, high volume environment required.
- Must be able to work safely, communicate well, and produce good quality work at an efficient pace.
- Mechanical and machining aptitude.
- Possess a high expectation for quality and ability to operate with minimal waste.
This job is primarily performed in a fast-paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of squatting, bending, and lifting required. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the warehouse is also quite noisy and requires hearing protection at all times. During our peak season, our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.