Security Officer (2nd and 3rd Shift)
DG3 is hiring fulltime Security Officer for 2nd and 3rd Shift. Candidate will be performing access control for the facility, ensuring safety, and reporting any suspicious activity inside and outside the facility.
- Ensuring premises and property are protected in an appropriate and effective fashion against a variety of natural and man-made threats
- Identify and prioritize security and safety needs for DG3 personnel and properties
- Interacting with law enforcement officials where necessary
- Provide, request and direct emergency response as necessary
- Secure post and buildings according to established department protocols
- Controlling access to the site, including monitoring entrance and gate passage, escorting people, and valuables when necessary
- Controlling or restoring order to a crowd
- Reporting of potential dangers, safety hazards and to minimize the risk posed to others.
- Observe and record who enters and exits the facility during the off hours
- Complete a log sheet recording individuals name and time of entrance to the site for visitors and non-DG3 personnel.
- Secure site during afterhours (Lock gates and all entry into the plant)
- Control of materials leaving or entering the site
- Patrols the site perimeter and report any suspicious activity to Head of Security and Facilities Manager
- Patrols the plant to verify that the man-doors, overhead doors, and automatic doors are locked and secured
- Security incident reports generated due to theft of services, injuries, and damage of property
- Monitors video surveillance for suspicious activity
- Other security duties and support roles as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- You must have 1+ years of prior security experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish required.
- Specialized training in security procedures, or equivalent, preferred
- Frequent to constant standing, walking, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lead by example, gain respect from a team and communicate with clarity.
- Ability to perform consistent PC work.
- Occasional outside work in all environmental conditions: including heat, rain, wind, and snow
- Ability to interact with others
- Ability to work in an environment with moderate levels of stress
- Flexibility to work various shifts and job assignments
- Overtime and holiday work may be required
- Must have valid Driver’s License
Education and Experience
This job is performed in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the warehouse is also quite noisy and always requires hearing protection when patrolling or walking in the facility. During our busy season our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.