Prospectus Processing Associate – Level 1
Department: Near-Site Solutions - GS
The Prospectus Processing Associate – Level 1 is responsible for processing a high daily volume of both inbound printed materials and several electronic files, validating counts, logging record keeping entries (on forms & electronically), basic customer service, and administrative support for one account as part of a major account team. The team is small but highly dedicated and exceptionally effective.
Work duties include, but are not limited to: sorting, both hand-eye and machine counting, validating, consolidating, and processing to-be mailed paperwork for distribution, and related general activities. The vast majority of prepared pieces processed are of varying thickness are of flat/unfolded 8-1/2” x 11” pages, booklets.
Candidate must be highly detail-oriented, be able to maintain a constant focus, and is required to provide attentive and timely service for the client. Almost all work performed is done so under a same-day processing service level agreement with “no-fail/no-errors” expectation which the current team has established and maintained for multiple consecutive years.
Looking ahead, once acclimated to the role and in order to advance, this person will be expected to become cross-trained in the work of directly related team roles, and to ultimately become capable to serve as backup for other team members. The subject matter of the materials processed is confidential, as such; a very thorough, extensive background check is part of the screening and hiring process.
- Validate counts of printed materials ( printed code check & match ), separate by product type (CUSIP codes), retrieve matching product booklet, insert into window envelope, stack and transfer to next work processing area within the same room.
- Ensure that the most up to date booklets are available and stocked for daily use/provision.
- Prepare printed materials into envelopes for shipment (majority First Class USPS mail)
- Shipment is normally performed by a different team member with another role.
- Track and record specific count validations and volumes into a daily sheet and spreadsheet.
- Operate large printers (commercial not industrial), stock machines with paper, perform basic regular maintenance (install new toner cartridges and automatic cleaning items), monitor performance paying attention to automatic alerts and maintenance warnings provided by machines, and arranging for onsite service when appropriate/as needed.
- Occasional use of semi-automated tape binding and paper folding machines.
- Daily use of automatic page counting machine.
- Work cooperatively with immediate team members and other department representatives in order to maintain daily service the customer. Majority of daily work is consistently performed within and by the immediate team structure (4-6 people).
- Occasionally work with service providers (technicians, courier, facilities team).
- Respond to client contact inquiries via email.
- Must answer occasional calls arriving from the general public phone extension: basic referrals to other predetermined resources and/or contacts: responsibility shared by all team members (minor aspect).
- Logs and verify quantities for incoming prospectus (printed materials) deliveries daily.
- Sort, match, and select materials in designated areas (worktables and shelving) on the sheet and booklet level.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of printed materials in advance of need (both delivered and self-generated).
- Exceptionally accurate and consistent data entry reflecting the daily throughput.
- Update and provide the ongoing daily / weekly / monthly data files (above) as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comfortable with a high volume of manual work.
- Able to stand while performing the majority of work throughout the day.
- An appropriate workstation / work area set-up accommodation would certainly be made as needed for promising candidate(s).
- The ability to lift paper and printed materials up to approximately 60-lbs (full case and/or individual reams of paper used in printers).
- Nearby paper must be moved to and loaded into commercial printers regularly on a daily basis.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual-Spanish is an immediate plus, but not a requirement.
- Punctuality, reliability, and accuracy of work are absolutely critical.
- Computer skills: basic use of Excel, Word, email, and general file navigation.
- Personable and collaborative; able to work cooperatively and effectively.
- Schedule flexibility; may include occasional weekday overtime and weekend work (rare).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
- High School degree with secondary education being a plus.
- Financial communications and fulfillment experience are an immediate plus.
- Experience following established standards and procedures is key.
- Familiarity with mail processing, matching, product code/ID validation, and data entry is a definite plus.
Our active work environment was deliberately set-up to maintain social distancing with a fully indoor setting for consistent, year-round work. Our workspace has its own well-moderated HVAC system, as well as its own break and restroom used by -only- our immediate team members.
The job will be performed in a strictly enforced, restricted access area which is separated within a hybrid office/warehouse environment. We work in a dynamic, open, and sometimes loud space, in which a team of 6-8 people work. The majority of noise in our workspace is from three to four commercial printers, of which several are normally running at the same time for most of the day.
The workload is deadline driven on a daily basis. There is no/zero regular travel required to perform this role.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background