Print Production Coordinator
The Production Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the flow of production information from the salesperson and/or customer to the manufacturing facility. He/she writes up complete and specific job ticket information and coordinates outside work with approved vendors. He/she represents the customer in the plant when questions arise. Monitors all facets of production to ensure customer satisfaction and meet expected delivery date of the finished product.
- A) Customer Relations
- Resolves any production and or/delivery date conflicts with salesperson, customer or management.
- Communicates specific job information to the client in the salesperson absence.
- Works closely with all approved vendors on outsourced jobs.
- Maintains client inventory or informational spreadsheets pertaining to specific clients.
- Communicates directly with client or salesperson on any missing information to complete the job in house.
- Maintain a high level of customer service while maintaining daily duties.
- B) Procedures
- Writes up job complete and specific job ticket information for each salesperson he or she is assigned.
- Exercise all options to minimize outsourcing of jobs.
- Coordinates outside services performed on specific projects if service cannot be provided in house.
- Maintain daily contact with sales, estimating & manufacturing personnel to ensure product is being produced efficient and correct.
- Coordinate pre-production planning meetings when specific projects need input from all departments.
- C) Financial
- Obtains the appropriate authorizations for additional costs incurred on a specific job, also ensures these costs are recorded and recovered.
- Reviews all billing to capture any missed charges by the salesperson (authors alterations, authorized overtime, etc.)
- D) Quality
- Must participate in Quality objective
- Required to follow the Quality Procedures Required to participate in Continuous Improvement of the Quality System.
- Call the appropriate meetings with applicable Supervisors to discuss quality concerns with incoming jobs or jobs that may require more information than the job ticket will provide.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accuracy and Productivity — Job tickets must be consistently accurate and presented timely to production.
- Quality of work performed — The quality of work performed will be consistent with company direction and supportive of the goals set forth.
- Professional attitude and great communication skills – This position will support Corporate direction and communicate professionally both verbal and written to internal and external customers.
- Customer satisfaction — This position will promote an ever-increasing high level of customer satisfaction and be proactive with projects that will attain this goal.
- Contributes to Positive Morale –This individual will convey a positive attitude to all they come in contact with on a professional level and will encourage others to have positive attitude.
- Development of skills — Will establish goals for professional improvement consistent with goals established by Production/Scheduling Supervisor.
- Problem resolution and prevention — Will be proactive in prevention of issues with respect to customer service. Will respond to problem resolution positively and timely.
- Good attendance and reports on time — This position requires promptness of time with respect to being available during regular business hours and often before or after to achieve the goals of this position.
- Contributes to the Quality System — Participates as a key member of the account management team and must contribute to the continuous improvement of the Quality System.
- A strong background in a printing environment with previous customer service experience a plus.
- Must also have excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized self-starter.
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment on a team or independently.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience required.
- Previous knowledge of Monarch/Hagen considered a plus but not required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years equivalent experience in commercial print experience, including digital and mailing
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within production or print managing high profile accounts.
The job is primarily performed in an office environment. Some work may be done in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. The environment can be stressful at times with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.