PrePress Desktop Operator
The ability to maintain the procedures and controls of quality for DG3 North America, Inc. and provide world-class service to our clients. A strong understanding of commercial and digital printing, with a focus on Pre-Press operations. Strong skill set to take ownership of a client file, read the job information, and ensure that all the information is available to build an accurate job according to client specifications. Ability to take clients files and manipulate it according to the job requirements stated by the production CSR. Create a Prinergy file, output lasers and or proofs, must have a full understanding of both Web & Sheet fed Templates and Imposition. Double check work for a result (computer to plate output). Troubleshoot problems if they occur on press or on plate.
- Ensure that all quality procedures are followed and maintained.
- Evaluate each job to determine the best application needed to complete the job in a correct and timely manner
- Take ownership of a client file, read the job information to ensure that all the information is available, responsible for building an accurate job according to client specifications.
- Creating Prinergy files and prepare high- and low-resolution PDF file(s) for client proofing or electronic review
- Creating a final file for Mac/PC output (sending a ripped file from the Prinergy to the plate output department), build a relationship and communication with the output department, understand and utilize job related action list, output lasers/proofs checking them for consistency to clients file, fonts, color breaks, trapping and type flow.
- Log jobs into Monarch Accounting System and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of files that error throughout the workflow.
- Work directly with CSR, Preflight and Job Planner etc. to resolve issues/problems
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prepress – Prinergy, Preps/Preflight responsibilities include monitoring email and DG3 FTP site as well as Client FTP sites for incoming jobs. Using Mac and PC platforms with a strong knowledge of Prinergy, Adobe Acrobat, Enfocus Pit-stop, Adobe Creative Suite and Flight Check Professional to check the quality of product to be printed on press using DG3 Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collaborative skills – able to work effectively across levels and departments
- Internal customer satisfaction driven
Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience with in Electronic Prepress / Printing Industry
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience with Prinergy Workflow is a plus.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions.
The job is primarily performed in an office environment. Some work may be done in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. The environment can be stressful at time with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities. Minimal, less than 10%, travel required.
EEO Statement: DG3 North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All that qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.