Prepress Desktop Operator (2nd Shift)
The ability to maintain the procedures and controls of quality for DG3 North America, Inc. and provide world-class service to our clients. A strong understanding of commercial and digital printing, with a focus on Pre-Press operations. Strong skill set to take ownership of a client file, read the job information, and ensure that all the information is available to build an accurate job according to client specifications. Ability to take clients files and manipulate them according to the job requirements stated by the production CSR. Create an Apogee file, output lasers and or proofs, must have a full understanding of both Web & Sheet fed Templates and Imposition. Double check work for a result (computer to plate output). Troubleshoot problems if they occur on press or on plate.
- Ensure that all quality procedures are followed and maintained.
- Evaluate each job to determine the best application needed to complete the job in a correct and timely manner
- Take ownership of a client file, read the job information to ensure that all the information is available, responsible for building an accurate job according to client specifications.
- Creating Apogee files and prepare high- and low-resolution PDF file(s) for client proofing or electronic review
- Creating a final file for Mac/PC output (sending a ripped file from the Apogee to the plate output department), build a relationship and communication with the output department, understand and utilize job related action list, output lasers/proofs checking them for consistency to clients file, fonts, color breaks, trapping and type flow.
- Log jobs into Monarch Accounting System and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of files that error throughout the workflow.
- Work directly with CSR, Preflight and Job Planner etc. to resolve issues/problems
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prepress – Apogee, Preps/Preflight responsibilities include monitoring email and DG3 FTP site as well as Client FTP sites for incoming jobs. Using Mac and PC platforms with a strong knowledge of Apogee, Adobe Acrobat, Enfocus Pit-stop, Adobe Creative Suite and Flight Check Professional to check the quality of product to be printed on press using DG3 Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collaborative skills – able to work effectively across levels and departments
- Internal customer satisfaction driven
Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience with in Electronic Prepress / Printing Industry
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience with Apogee Workflow is a plus.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions.
The job is primarily performed in an office environment. Some work may be done in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. The environment can be stressful at times with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities. Minimal, less than 10%, travel required.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.