Plant Facilities and Equipment Manager
The Plant Facilities and Equipment Manager will oversee all building-related activities. The Facilities and Equipment Manager will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning. The successful candidate will oversee the company’s facility, equipment and security operations, manage staff, manage office moves and manage janitorial duties, all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. This position will also lead the organization’s Safety and Action Committee, Equipment Projects and Machine Installation. The goal is to ensure our business accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
- Oversee inspection, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results.
- Coordinate equipment and system repairs and monitor equipment and system performance
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary
- Contract out landscaping and snow removal services
- Oversee and supervise team of maintenance technicians and security personnel
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Execute equipment audits and record-taking policies
- Coordinate with the Sr. VP of Manufacturing on the implementation of new building projects
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols
- Interact with the Maintenance Department to help prioritize daily workloads and communicate with floor managers.
- Track and maintain all building repairs, issues and projects. Plan, budget and maintain a schedule.
- Handle all local, state and federal regulation inspections.
- Manage and control all environmental files.
- Must align engineering, maintenance, reliability, and technology initiatives with plant objectives surrounding safety, people, quality, delivery, and cost.
Will managed and oversee facilities, maintenance and security staff. Lead Safety Committee.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Strong understanding of warehouse control systems
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Comprehensive working knowledge of mechanical and electrical maintenance, project management, and general engineering.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations, Right to Know requirements
- Teambuilding and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio
- Must be able to provide scaled drawings for all building projects
- Experienced in dealing with local and state inspectors
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
Education and Experience
- BS or associate degree with technical training in plant engineering or factory/plant maintenance.
- 10+ years’ of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, two of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multifunctional maintenance staff.
- Facilities management experience in the printing industry is a major plus.
- OSHA Certified
- Environmental Certifications (CEP) is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the positions requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
Statement: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.