Paper Material Handler (Multiple Shifts)
Department: Receiving Department
The Material Handling department is truly a service organization, and all associates are “Key” to the successful operation of this printing facility
- Pressroom takes top priority – No delays for “Wait Paper”
- Paper being delivered to press has to be exactly what is listed on the pull ticket
- Integral role in the company’s “War on Waste” by eliminating paper damage
- Adhere to the Company safety policies
Associate must be able to consistently work “Unsupervised”, immediately escalating any issues to the warehouse supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Load and unload vans, trucks, and trailers
- Receiving and properly documenting all plant consumables
- Timely distribution of all plant consumables
- Receiving and properly documenting, distributing all inbound FedEx and UPS material.
- True understanding and knowledge of “Warehouseman’s responsibility” with regards to preventing OS&D claims (Over, Short or Damage claims)
- Understanding exactly what is being received while matching mill manifests to the company issued Purchase order
- Complete understanding of the Web and Sheetfed press schedules
- Access the company MIS system (Hagen) must be able to navigate the system and locate all pertinent information on a job-by-job basis. (job ticket, paper pull tickets, inventory labels etc.)
- Must be able to handle all inventory functions, input tonnage, print roll labels, print bin reports, finalize receipts
- Stack paper neat & orderly, making sure it is on the line, plumb, not tilting
- Maintain clean, organized paper & consignment warehouse
- Perform monthly inventory audits
- able to work effectively with all departments to ensure Internal customer satisfaction
- Maintain baler room on weekends
- Maintain pressroom shop floor on weekends, stacking loads, delivering forms to various machines in the bindery
- Assist pressroom with a forklift to change out totes, whether it be ink, press wash etc.
- Maintain documentation of ink totes, weigh empty totes, load trailer when required
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on a Fork or Clamp truck handling Roll, Sheet, or consumable material as it relates to a Financial / Commercial Printing operation.
- Computer literate – Master the use of an RF scanner
- Fork / clamp truck certification
The job is primarily performed in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. Based on the monthly manufacturing schedule, the paper warehouse environment can be stressful at times due to heavy inbound paper and plant consumables shipments. This position requires a substantial amount of standing, sitting, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds, extended work hours during the week as well as weekends.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.