Mail Inserter/Inkjet Operator – 2nd Shift
Department: Mail Services
Mail Inserter/Inkjet Operators are responsible for machine set-up and operation following guidelines as set in the job ticket. Load and unload printed material from the machines, maintain quality standards, perform scheduled maintenance, and oversee any helpers assigned during the run as well as all other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of mail equipment. Operation must be completed in accordance with specific production and quality standards.
- Follows SOP and policies to assure quality of output by double checking the date, weight, thickness, barcodes, presort slug, indicia, postage rate, class of mail, etc.
- Understands machine software and how and when to change sort plans, set address blocks, etc.
- Assures the machine is running properly.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Comply with all company and postal service requirements
- Efficiently setting up machinery and performing all mailing operations
- Making adjustments to the machines during run
- Once the job is running the operator must work independently and maintain consistent quality through the run
- Direct and supervise the work of helpers on the machine
- Packaging and moving finished product.
- Additional production duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in setting up and operating Bell & Howell Enduro Inserters is preferred
- Must have experience in set up and running of Phoenix Inkjet system Knowledge of postal regulations required.
- Knowledge of postal software helpful.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, and bend up to 100% of the time with or without accommodations.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Candidates must follow safety and other operational directions.
- Ability to stand, stoop and bend for up to 8 hours or more.
- Based on operational/production need; must have a flexible schedule to work overtime and flexible work assignments within the production area.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mailer Inserter experience required.
- Computer skills.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a printing or mail inserting environment
This job is performed in a fast-paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of squatting bending and lifting required up to 50 lbs. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. During our peak season, our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
Statement: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DG3 North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All that qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.