Mail Fulfillment and Tracking Specialist – Level 1
Department: Near-Site Solutions - GS
The Mail & Fulfillment Tracking Specialist – Level 1 is responsible for processing mail, providing customer service, and for providing logistics and administrative support for one account as part of a dedicated major account team.
This includes, but is not limited to; USPS mail processing/metering, weekly print job management, special print request processing, inkjet mail merges, consolidating and processing mail for distribution, logistics coordination, inter-office mail, and other general activities. Most “mail” processed are varying thicknesses and preparations of flat/unfolded 8-1/2” x 11” pages, booklet, and books.
Candidate must always be detail-oriented, maintain a constant focus, and provide attentive and timely service for the client. Almost all work performed is done so under a same-day processing service level agreement.
Looking ahead, once acclimated to the role and in order to advance, this person will be expected to become cross-trained in the work of directly related team roles, and to ultimately become capable to serve as backup for other team members. The subject matter of the materials processed is confidential, as such; a very thorough, extensive background check is part of the screening and hiring process.
Ink Jet Operations & Mail Services
- Prepare envelopes for shipment: Sort, weigh, and add appropriate postage to all out-going First Class mail
- Track and record cost and volume data into a daily spreadsheet
- Prepare daily shipments for courier delivery to the Post Office
- Prepare Inter-Office mail for delivery to mail hubs
- Responsible for Ink-jetting, sorting, and inserting to (large) envelopes
- Prepare mailing lists using various printers (Bryce 30k Ink jet printer and/or Mail Merge)
- Assist with a monthly reclassification of postage report (breakdown)
- Monitor and order postage supplies as needed
- Count mail pieces, seal, determine weights, record, and place to cartons
- Prepare vendor package form and relocate to shipping area for daily evening pick-up
- Seal all envelopes (no metering) and place to a designated box for Inter-office mail
- Utilize dedicate courier’s service site to book/request the Inter-office mail location run(s)
- Inter-Office mail is picked up once per week, on Thursdays
- Logs and verify quantities for incoming prospectus deliveries., then store materials in designated areas
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of standard use stock envelopes and paper
- Prepare materials for archiving or destruction, and maintain order and cleanliness of the work space
- Accurate and consistent data entry reflecting the daily mail throughput
- Update and provide the ongoing weekly and monthly data files (above) as needed
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comfortable with a high volume of manual work
- The ability to consistently be able to lift mail bins up to approximately 60-lbs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Punctuality, reliability, and accuracy of work are critical
- Computer skills: use of Excel, Word, email, and general file navigation
- Personable and collaborative; able to work cooperatively and effectively
- Schedule flexibility; may include occasional weekday overtime and weekend work (rare)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- High School degree with secondary education being a plus
- Financial communications and fulfillment experience would be a plus
- Experience following established standards and procedures
- Familiarity with mail processing equipment and data entry is a definite plus
The job is primarily performed in an enforced, restricted access area within a hybrid office/warehouse environment. We work in a dynamic, open, and sometimes loud space, in which a team of 6-8 people work. The workload is deadline driven on a daily basis. There is no regular travel required to perform this role.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.