IT Support Intern
IT Support Intern is responsible for performing entry level IT activities primarily focused on desktop and remote support for PC’s, telecommunication devices, printers, peripherals and software across the system. Weekly hours varies from 15-20 while school is in session and 30-40 hours during school break. This is a temporary position with a 3 month commitment and evaluation with opportunity for extension.
- Under general supervision and clearly defined instructions, performs entry level duties within the department
- Assists with the deployment and maintenance of desktop hardware and technologies.
- Adheres to processes, standards and security procedures
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves workstation, software, printer, peripherals, telecommunications devices, and media services equipment issues, including building and deploying end-user replacement systems.
- Performs remote support via PC or telephone.
- Dashboard and software testing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Can work up to 30-40 hours per week during school break and 15-20 hours per week while school is in session
- Ability to utilize remote tools for supporting all users
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner
- Strong inter-personal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to provide high customer focus and have diligence toward service delivery or service restoration
- Ability to understand and learn new technologies
- Ability to remain current with understanding and familiarity of desktop computing platforms and associated technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions
Education and Experience
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree and will graduate between June 2020 and June 2021
- Computer Science or MIS Major required
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- A+ Certification is desirable
- Strategic and creative thinking
The job is primarily performed in an office environment. Some work may be done in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. The environment can be stressful at time with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities. Minimal, less than 10%, travel required.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.