Plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from the suppliers or internal operations ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal staff and external customer requirements.
- Ensures equipment is maintained, charged and properly used to accomplish the pick/pack, warehouse and receiving mission in a safe and effective manner.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving area; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receive reports accurately report material received.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control; and timely data entry.
- Performs cycle counting of material daily to ensure inventory integrity; ensures inventory levels are properly adjusted within the system for accuracy and control; handles all destruction and removal of inventory as instructed and deductions within the system.
- Tracks and orders supply of packing materials and stages material for pick/pack use.
- Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the pick/pack, warehouse and receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains, motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of pick/pack and warehouse associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment and day to day work load.
- Supervise day to day work load of warehouse personnel.
- Must be able to consistently work “Unsupervised”, immediately escalating any issues to the Fulfillment Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Prior experience in warehouse environment
- Knowledge of shipping software(s) and warehouse management systems
- Microsoft outlook and basic computer knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of receiving, warehousing, inventory control, material handling, methods and practices.
- Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support present and future operations.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- HS diploma or GED
- 5 to 7 years of warehousing, receiving, inventory control and warehousing systems with two years supervisory experience.
- Warehouse equipment experience: Hi Low (stand up and sit down), pallet jack, drill and shrink wrapper.
The job is primarily performed in a warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. Based on the monthly manufacturing schedule, the warehouse environment can be stressful at times due to heavy inbound shipments. This position requires a substantial amount of standing, sitting, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds, extended work hours during the week as well as weekends.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
DG3 North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All that qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.