Plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from the suppliers or internal operations ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal staff and external customer requirements.
- Ensures equipment is maintained, charged and properly used to accomplish the pick/pack, warehouse and receiving mission in a safe and effective manner.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving area; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receive reports accurately report material received.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control, and timely data entry.
- Performs cycle counting of material daily to ensure inventory integrity; ensures inventory levels are properly adjusted within the system for accuracy and control; handles all destruction and removal of inventory as instructed and deductions within the system.
- Tracks and orders supply of packing materials and stages material for pick/pack use.
- Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the pick/pack, warehouse and receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains, motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of pick/pack and warehouse associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment and day to day workload.
- Supervise day to day workload of warehouse personnel.
- Must be able to consistently work “Unsupervised”, immediately escalating any issues to the Fulfillment Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Prior experience in warehouse environment
- Knowledge of shipping software(s) and warehouse management systems
- Microsoft outlook and basic computer knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of receiving, warehousing, inventory control, material handling, methods and practices.
- Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support present and future operations.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- HS diploma or GED
- 5 to 7 years of warehousing, receiving, inventory control and warehousing systems with two years supervisory experience.
- Warehouse equipment experience: Hi Low (stand up and sit down), pallet jack, drill and shrink wrapper.
The job is primarily performed in a warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. Based on the monthly manufacturing schedule, the warehouse environment can be stressful at times due to heavy inbound shipments. This position requires a substantial amount of standing, sitting, bending and lift 50 pounds, extended work hours during the week as well as weekends.
Statement: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.