Responsible for running folder gluer machines optimally on various folder sizes and shapes.
- Reviews job tickets for specifications, quantity, label information, folding orientation, skid size, skid height, ship date and any special instructions.
- Utilize state of the art gluer, Multifeeders and Kleenstick application
- Runs equipment at the required speeds while maintaining quality, waste and safety standards.
- Troubleshoots and solves operating problems with folder gluer.
- Maintains general knowledge and understanding of gluing processes and equipment.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance including lubrication belt/bearing changes and repairs to equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment and work area.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of the gluers preferably Dick Moll experience
- Thorough knowledge of the setup, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations to perform the full range of standard and specialized gluing to complete a combined finishing product.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing finishing requirements; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used.
- Willingness to learn and be trained on any new gluing equipment and technology.
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- Ability to transfer packed cases from taping conveyor to skids.
- Must be able to move quickly up and down the gluer line to troubleshoot and make fixes to maintain run speed.
- Oversee and direct additional helpers that are on the folder gluer machines.
Education and Experience
- 2 to 5 years of folder gluer set up and operation in a high quality, high volume environment required.
- Must be able to work safely, communicate well, and produce good quality work at an efficient pace.
- Mechanical and machining aptitude.
- Possess a high expectation for quality and ability to operate with minimal waste.
This job is primarily performed in a fast paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of squatting, bending and lifting required. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the warehouse is also quite noisy and requires hearing protection at all times. During our peak season, our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.