Full Size Heat Set Roll Tender
Department: Web Press
Work directly with the 2nd Pressperson to operate a six color heat set web offset press as well as direct, oversee, and train when necessary any press crew members. Assist presspersons on M/R, adjust web controls for paper feeding as directed, feed papers, maintains supplies, begin learning 2nd presspersons. Must have at least four years of experience as a Komori Web Roll Tender or the equivalent thereof. Full Size Heat Set Roll tender must have a complete understanding of 2nd presspersons functions and capable of performing on most work with minimum direction. They must have a working knowledge of computer programs including, but not restricted to: Monarch, Auto Count, Shop Floor, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Personal Safety
- Check load Tags for accuracy
- Watch levels – silicone, fountain solution, etc
- Check all filters
- Check blinding plate image
- Fill Ink fountains
- Maintain press supplies (gums, rags, etc)
- Prepare plates for the next job
- Check ink, paper requirements for next job
- Perform all necessary tasks for make ready and wash up with the press crew including but not limited to: folder changes, hanging plates, hanging blankets, changing and setting ink rollers, and any other task in order to produce the job
- Joggers as well as any temporary employees assigned to the press.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Full knowledge of 4 color process web offset printing
- Full knowledge of book manufacturing and industry specs for the same
- Full knowledge of commercial printing and industry specs for the same
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Komori Web Roll Tender
- Ability to maintain a heat set press, a combination folder and sheeter
- Ability to set up and use all auxiliary equipment necessary for work mix
- Availability to work necessary overtime
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to read and use a ruler as well as adequate math skills
- Physical ability to climb, squat, kneel, bend 50% of the time and work in a noisy hot and humid environment 100% of the time
- Physical ability to move rolls of paper up to 1250 lbs. in weight
- Physical ability to lift, push or pull cartons and web press rollers with weights of 25-50 lbs.
- Physical ability to move skids of finished product with a hand jack
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma
- Must have at least four years of experience as a Komori Web Roll Tender or the equivalent thereof.
This job is performed in a fast paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of climbing, squatting bending and lifting required. In the summer months the pressroom, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the pressroom is also quite noisy and requires hearing protection at all times. In our busy season our pressroom employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.