Finance and Accounting Intern
An accounting and finance internship is an entry-level, non-permanent accounting position. The goal of an internship in accounting and finance is to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare the student for a successful career in accounting or finance.
- Do data entry and credit checks.
- Help with month-end financial reports
- Work under supervision of other accountants
- Help with balance sheet reconciliation, as well as accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc and other internal reports
- Ensure the completion of assigned tasks in line with established deadline
- Study the accounting policies and processes of the organization and abide by them
- Assist the coordinator with month-end financial reports
- Testing and supporting inventory functions
- Support the payment processing team
- Dashboard and software testing
- Filing invoices, shredding, and organizing accounts payable file room
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Can work full-time in the summer and 15-20 hours per week while school is in session
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and make suggestions – key to the role.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment and communicate well with others.
- Willingness to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Internal customer satisfaction driven
- Strong Excel Spread sheets and pivot tables preferred
- MS Office experience preferred
- MS Access skills preferred
Education and Experience
- Current junior/senior Accounting Major preferably on campuses and universities within the New Jersey area.
- Detail oriented, organized and accurate
- Professional and clear when communicating
The internship is primarily performed in an office environment. Some work may be done in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. The environment can be stressful at times with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.