Electro-Mechanical Technician (3rd Shift)
The Electro-Mechanical Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, installing, modifying and repairing electrical and mechanical equipment and related controls within a printing environment.
- Ability to work with: 120/208/277/480vac
- Able to read and follow electrical diagrams.
- Skilled with conduit, electrical panels, breakers, buss plugs etc.
- Rebuild and repair bindery equipment.
- The ability to order and maintain parts for the equipment.
- Operate a forklift.
- Familiar with folding machine adjustments.
- Troubleshooting and repairing machinery and equipment including but not limited to logical diagnosis of problems, identification of defective components, the disassembly of equipment, replacement of defective components and the reassembly and startup of machinery and equipment.
- Installs and modifies machinery and equipment including but not limited to projects and assignments required by engineering and other personnel.
- Knowledge and ability to work on the following equipment:
- Komori and Mitsubishi sheet fed presses
- Heidelberg/Goss/Solna web presses
- Komori web presses
- MBO/Stahl folders and attachments
- Muller Martini/Heidelberg stitchers
- Polar Cutters, Wohlenberg Perfect Binders
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both co-workers and vendors.
- Must have knowledge of a variety safety rules and practices.
- Ability to work with hand tools
- Rebuild and repair bindery equipment
- Maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and work area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (read, write, speak English). Work requires continual attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate to demands of the business as required.
- Must have tools to repair Press/Bindery/General equipment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Trade School Diploma
- 5 – 10 years of experience, preferably in a printing environment with printing presses and bindery equipment.
- Forklift certification
The job is primarily performed in a manufacturing environment. Some work may be done in other environments that may be noisy, hot and humid. The environment can be stressful at times with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities. Minimal travel is less than 10%.