Director of Sales
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to a DG3 Senior Vice President of Sales, a Director of Sales is an essential individual contributor to our company’s success as it is expected this person will primarily focus on growing our company revenue, brand, and reputation. The Director is further tasked to help our clients increase their own profitability, communication effectiveness, and overall efficiency through the sales of the total breath and scope of DG3’s entire portfolio of offerings including print (digital & offset), web development, postal processing, VDP composition, data processing, inventory management, managed print, distribution and a variety of other ‘cutting-edge’ technology solutions developed by DG3.
This position requires an individual who is willing to take personal ownership and responsibility in expanding our company’s reach and market share within our existing client base as well as be innovative and business savvy enough to generate new revenue from potential DG3 prospects. The Director of Sales must have a consultative approach to selling as the primary method to enabling value-add and deliver customer satisfaction to our clients and prospects.
Through collaborative and professional leadership, the Director of Sales must enable a healthy and positive cross-functional team environment with DG3 department participants, as well as other internal and external partners. Ultimately – the Director of Sales will be measured and considered successful by impacting consistent sale revenue growth and net-new business acquisition across all DG3 business segments.
- Develop and maintain network of clients, partners and both external & internal colleagues across multiple divisions and disciplines.
- Maintain current client accounts to preserve & ensure business continuity for existing business.
- Prospect & qualify new sales leads.
- Create, plan, and deliver presentation on the DG3 full solutions and services portfolio (including print, web development, QR code, VDP/Data composition, finishing/bindery, mail processing, distribution, inventory management, etc.).
- Actively engage in consultative (advice-giving) solutions and services selling that is strategically relevant to the clients/prospects business and industry.
- Schedule meetings with and provide appropriate presentations to clients/prospects – face-to-face or via virtual meetings.
- Track all sales activities in the company provided CRM system as well as keep current updated account information regularly – required to maintain a well-developed pipeline of prospects.
- Provide an accurate forecast of personal sales results, including monthly updates/quarterly projections.
- Communicate either customer or prospect pain points to appropriate internal departments to ensure best client service experience.
- Coordinate with other team members and internal departments within DG3 to optimize the sales effort.
- Personal Development & Training – Take personal accountability to complete all assigned training, certification and personal development requirements as required.
- Achieve and/or exceed targets for revenue quota as well as company expectations for net-new client acquisition.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly self-motivated with a strong desire to be successful and exceed expectations.
- Ability to be flexible enough to work as part of a team or independent as situation requires.
- Excellent presentation skills – weather in person or in a virtual meeting.
- Strong ability to sell on concepts (i.e., the potential or the “dream” for new technologies).
- Effective decision-making ability and superior communication skills to garner consideration from current clients and/or prospects.
- Superior client service orientation with the ability to work with clients and internal resources at all levels (junior to middle management to C-Level) in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills meeting deadlines as
- Working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Ability to analyze a customer’s requirements and craft a TCO, ROI, Go to market strategy and offerings palette – business acumen and maturity a MUST.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of proven track record in production print (digital and/or offset) sales and/or in the graphic communications market.
- 5+ years of successful solution & services selling – Previous experience in a new business development role desired.
- Extensive experience in closing net-new accounts and well as revenue expansion within established client accounts.
- Deep understanding and ability to deliver superior customer service.
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships & exceeding expectations.
- A. in Business, Marketing, Communication, Graphic Arts, or related field preferred
- Track record in meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
The job may be performed remotely or at an onsite office environment as needed. Some travel to client locations required.
DG3 North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All that qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.