Die Cutter Operator
This individual is responsible for the set-up, make-ready, operating and maintaining the Bobst die cutter.
- Review job ticket to prepare jobs for die-cutting, in addition to following instructions and direction accordingly for job prioritization.
- Must be able to read and understand job ticket. Understand die lines etc.
- Interpret job layout information and project specs and requirements.
- Make-ready and setup to adjust equipment.
- Maintain quality standards throughout the die-cutting process.
- Must be able to make necessary adjustments on dies.
- Must be able to lock-up dies.
- Performs preventative maintenance on die-cutting machinery.
- Maintains accurate written records of production, records waste, production time etc.
- Maintains clean and orderly workspace.
- Ensure strict adherence to company safety and quality standards
- Operates die cutter to achieve maximum efficiency and quality throughout job process
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, interpret and process written instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up.
- Awareness of all procedures required to safely operate a die cutter.
- Cooperate with fellow workers and supervisors and team-oriented personality.
- Problem solving ability.
- Some computer skills necessary.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years corrugated packaging/production experience on a Bobst or similar cutting machine in a printing/packaging environment.
- Previous experience in manufacturing industry, preferably specifically relating to machine cutting.
- Experience in printing, graphics, corrugated packaging.
- Previous knowledge of cutter machines, operation, and set-up practices.
- Knowledge of die-cutter blanking is a plus, but not necessary.
This job is primarily performed in a fast-paced production environment. The environment can be stressful to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of squatting, bending, and lifting required. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the warehouse is also quite noisy and always requires hearing protection. During our peak season, our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.