Department: Cruise Industry Managed Services
At DG3 we see @Sea graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. You will be the central contact for printed communications execution on a world class cruise ship. We are looking for a highly creative graphic designer who can take existing and conceptual ideas and create visual representations in print media. Our ideal candidate will have expert Adobe Creative Suite skills and experience with every step of the design process. Collaborating with multiple onboard teams, the Communications Manager gathers information and ideas to create printed material while following corporate brand guidelines. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE:
- Work on a wide range of print projects, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
- Obtain input from onboard management, ensuring designs meet client’s marketing standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with marketing and the onboard revenue team, meeting deadlines, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include multiple simultaneous projects
- Examine existing processes and recommend solutions to improve design capabilities
DAILY AND MONTHLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with shipboard teams for a wide range of materials that include revenue collateral, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials.
- Restaurant and bar menu layouts from supplied Excel data and emails.
- Develop concepts and execute original content determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout according to client specifications
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding best practices for using a content management system
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications
- Ensure files are created to high standards in line with corporate guidelines and that perfect print ready PDFs are created for print production.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional creativity and innovative graphic design skills
- 5+ years graphic design experience (academic and professional) with a concentration in print
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign) skills.
- Portfolio viewable on Behance.net or similar online platform
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Blend of agency and in-house, corporate or enterprise experience highly desired
- Cruise industry experience preferred.
- Restaurant and bar menu layout experience preferred.
- Native English or 98 TOEFL / 7.0 IELTS test scores
Education and Experience
This position is working onboard a cruise ship and reports to DG3’s shoreside management team with a dotted line to the Onboard Revenue Manager. Contracts last for roughly seven months onboard. All meals, boarding, sharing dormitory and health care are provided with no charge onboard. We have many people who enter contracts multiple times covering several years.
Cruise Ships have very stringent medical standards. There is a possibility that applicants may be rejected during medical screening if they have past or current health related issues that may put passengers at risk, cause the applicant to need ongoing health care on board or possibly lead to a candidate being removed from a ship based upon recurrence.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.