Billing and Collections Intern
A Billing and Collections internship is an entry-level, non-permanent accounting position. The goal of an internship in Billing and Collections is to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare the student for a successful career in accounting or finance.
- Prepare, process and send invoices to clients
- Collect all information needed to create invoices (quantities, discount rates etc.)
- Review and ensure accuracy of final bill via sales approval
- Dispatch approved invoices to clients via hard copy mail and or email method
- Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions
- Review invoices to ensure mathematical accuracy and general compliance
- Enter all invoices into the Accounting system accurately and in accordance with company policy/account codes
- Create spreadsheets upon request
- Report on activity to upper management as needed
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Can work full-time in the summer and 15-20 hours per week while school is in session
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and make suggestions – key to the role.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment and communicate well with others.
- Willingness to work effectively both independently and on a team.
- Internal customer satisfaction driven
- Strong Excel Spread sheets preferred
- MS Office experience preferred
- MS Access skills preferred
Education and Experience
- Current junior/senior Accounting Major preferably on campuses and universities within the New Jersey area.
- Detail oriented, organized and accurate
- Professional and clear when communicating
The internship is primarily performed in an office environment. Some work may be done in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. The environment can be stressful at time with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.