Accounts Payable Clerk
DG3 is looking for an entry level Accounts Payable Clerk on a temporary to perm basis to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping. Will also be responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable. Accounts Payable Clerk also perform administrative duties such as maintaining schedules, filing.
- Report to the Comptroller
- Reviewing accounts payable transactions and processing payments
- Responding to supplier accounts payable inquiries
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation
- Responsible for reconciliation, reporting, filing, and processing sales tax payments in multiple jurisdictions
- Maintaining general ledger charts of accounts
- Working closely with billers to assist in accounts receivable activities
- Posting monthly, quarterly, and yearly accruals
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills
- Must possess strong time management
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizational skills
- Collaborative skills – able to work effectively across levels and departments
- Competencies – Financial Management, Ethical Conduct, Thoroughness.
- Internal customer satisfaction driven
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and ambiguity
- Constantly looking to improve processes
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 1+ year of finance/accounting experience which could include an internship
- Strong technology skills are critical, particularly expertise with Microsoft Excel.
The job is performed in an office environment. The environment can be stressful at times with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool, as necessary. Overtime will be required. No travel required.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.