Accounts Payable Analyst
To support the Finance / Accounting Manager and Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department related to processing daily incoming invoices by category; establishing and maintaining strong relationships and communication with both internal and external vendor contacts; resolve invoice issues timely, analyze purchase order variances and reconcile vendor activity daily and monthly; special projects will be required as needed; respond to all vendor inquiries timely; maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a credible college or university, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting or finance is preferred.; AP experience preferred (will consider driven, hard-working candidates without AP experience); At least one to two years of experience in accounts payable.
- Daily/Monthly-A/P Duties-Includes opening and process all A/P invoices by proper coding into the Monarch system, review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Manage critical vendors with a high level of support and process management to ensure accounts are kept current
- Processing weekly, monthly and quarterly payments within terms and proper discounts
- Sustain the daily operations of the Travel & Expense (Concur) Reimbursement to ensure functionality
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Month End/Year End closing including Processing of Annual 1099’s
- Monitor and process treasury activities daily
- Litter control/sales use tax/property tax filings monthly/quarterly/annually, as needed
- Annual recertification’s for Energy Tax, sales tax, and UEZ, e
- Filings of multiple state annual reports and any other tax related issues for research
- Actively participate in identifying and making improvements to AP-related workflows/processes/software, as well as implement paperless AP process
- Manage AP mailboxes to ensure timely response and resolution regarding payment inquires, processing issues and other requests
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist in month end closing, performing account analysis and reconciliation, preparing journal entries
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding fast paced environment
- Assisting with initial internal control evaluations
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Judgment – Analyzes problems skillfully and makes sound decisions based on logical solutions.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Collaborative skills – able to work effectively across levels and departments
- Must possess strong time management to meet deadlines
- Data synthesis – Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Vendor satisfaction is key to performance
- Competencies – Financial Management, Ethical Conduct, Thoroughness
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and ambiguity
- Technology Savvy – Strong ability to use Monarch and MS Office packages
- Flexibility – Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of GAAP
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- At least one to two years of experience in accounts payable role.
The job is performed in an office environment. The environment can be stressful at times with deadline pressure to complete multiple priorities. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool, as necessary. Working extended hours are required during month-end/quarter-end and month- end close periods. No travel required.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.