Account Sales Executive
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to a DG3 Senior Vice President of Sales, an Account Sales Executive is an essential individual contributor to the company’s success as it is expected this person will assist in growing the company revenue, brand, and reputation. The Account Sales Executive’s primary task is to help DG3 clients and potential prospects to increase their own profitability, communication effectiveness, and overall efficiency through the sales of the total breath and scope of DG3’s entire portfolio of offerings including print (digital & offset), web development, postal processing, VDP composition, data processing, inventory management, managed print, distribution and a variety of other ‘cutting-edge’ technology solutions developed by DG3.
While this person may assist a handful of elite sales individuals’ people to grow opportunities within their territories, they are expected to develop prospects within their own assigned territory as well as to work assigned DG3 “House” opportunities that are led by a member of the senior staff. Other than what the Account Sales Executive is developing as their own individual opportunities, supporting either opportunities with Sales individuals within the company’s sales organization or “House Account” opportunities will be assigned by the DG3 SVP of Sales in either Global, Corporate or Strategic Accounts.
This position requires an individual who is willing to take personal ownership and responsibility in expanding the company’s reach and market share within the company’s existing client base as well as be innovative and business savvy enough to generate new revenue from potential DG3 appropriate prospects. The Account Executive must have a consultative approach to selling as the primary method to enabling value-add and complete customer satisfaction to DG3’s clients and prospects resulting in a great customer experience.
Through collaborative and professional leadership, the Account Sales Executive must enable a healthy and positive cross-functional team environment with DG3 department participants, as well as other internal and external partners. Ultimately – the Account Sales Executive will be measured and considered successful by enabling consistent sales revenue growth and net-new business acquisition across all DG3 business segments.
- Work directly with a SVP of Sales to develop and maintain network of clients, prospects, partners and both external & internal colleagues across multiple divisions and disciplines
- Assist in maintaining current client accounts to preserve & ensure business continuity for existing business
- Understand, create, plan, and deliver presentations on DG3 full solutions and services portfolio (including print, web development, VDP/Data composition, finishing/bindery, distribution, inventory management, etc.)
- Actively engage in consultative (advice-giving) solutions and services selling that is strategically relevant to the clients/prospects business and industry
- Schedule meetings with and provide appropriate presentations to clients/prospects – face-to-face or via virtual meetings
- Assist with established accounts and track in new accounts all sales activities in company provided CRM system as well as keep current updated account information regularly – required to maintain a well-developed pipeline of prospects
- Assist in providing an accurate forecast of personal sales results, including monthly updates/quarterly projections
- Communicate either customer or prospect pain points to appropriate internal departments to ensure best client service experience
- Coordinate with other team members and internal departments within DG3 to optimize the sales effort
- Personal Development & Training – Take personal accountability to complete all assigned training, certification, and personal development requirements as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly self-motivated with a strong desire to be successful, learn from experienced VP’s and exceed expectations
- Ability to be flexible enough to work as part of a team or independent as situation requires
- Excellent presentation skills – weather in person or in a virtual meeting
- Effective decision-making ability and superior communication skills to garner consideration from current clients and/or prospects
- Superior client service orientation with the ability to work with clients and internal resources at all levels (junior to middle management to C-Level) in a professional fashion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills meeting deadlines as required
- Working knowledge of CRM, systems a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong professional communication skills both verbal and written
Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of proven track record in production print (digital and/or offset) sales and/or in the graphic communications market and related college degree
- Successful solution & services selling experience a plus
- Deep understanding and ability to deliver superior customer service
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships & appropriate client expectations
- College education required – preferably a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Graphic Art, or related field.
The job may be performed remotely or at an onsite office environment as needed. 10-25% travel is required of the time depending on client needs as well as for sales/management meetings to occur at DG3 HQ in Jersey City, NJ.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Statement: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core DG3 values. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.